OUR PRIVACY COMMITMENT
At Voyages Hub Tours Inc. protecting the privacy of our existing and potential customers is important to us.
Below is our policy detailing how we (Voyages Hub Tours Inc.) collect, use, share and protect your personal information gathered through our website (www.voyageshub.com) or via any other means (such as over the telephone).
Our website contains links to other websites operated by third parties. These websites may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We have no control and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
We are a family-owned boutique tour and travel company, not a large multi-national corporation. We sell vacations, not data. We never sell your personal information. You entrust us with your vacation; you should entrust us with your privacy as well.
Making travel plans necessitates you entrusting us with some sensitive personal information (like passport details). We take every precaution to protect this information and only share it as needed to plan your trip.
We, like most websites, automatically collect some data as you browse our site, some of which may be personally identifiable (such as your IP address). However, in general, we only use this data to maintain our website or monitor traffic to it, and we delete data when it is no longer needed.
We do use tracking "pixels" from online ad networks such as Google AdWords, Microsoft Bing, and Facebook on our website. These pixels may track your activity as you browse our site and other sites (pages you've visited, links you've clicked, etc.), which is primarily used to personalise ads to you on those networks. If you are concerned about being tracked in this manner, there are numerous ways to opt out, which we have detailed below under Online Advertising. Opting out is a personal decision that, in most cases, has no impact on your ability to browse our site or purchase our products.
Continue reading for more information. We have attempted to make this Privacy Statement as clear and concise as possible. This is not a legal document or contract, but rather a simple explanation of how we handle and protect your data. Please contact us if you have any questions or need clarification on anything.
The Type of Information we collect:
You can browse the majority of our website without providing any personal information. We do collect information you give us when you:
- Contact us if you have a question or comment about our products or services, or if you want to request a trip proposal or a catalogue.
- Subscribe to our email newsletter and provide us with feedback and reviews on our products or services.
- Participate in a survey or a contest that we are sponsoring, or interact with us through our social media profiles
This information may include your name, address, phone number, and/or email address, the content of any messages, comments, reviews, or surveys you send us, and phone call recordings you make to our offices.
If you book travel with us (or request a travel quote), we may request or require additional personal information for the purposes of planning your trip, processing payments, providing required information to airlines and other travel vendors, applying for foreign travel visas, complying with various laws and regulations, and ensuring your safety, wellbeing, and comfort.
(A) Identity Data
This includes data relating specifically to your identity, such as your first name, maiden name, last name, or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender, passport number, or ID card number.
(B) Personal Data
Your meal preferences.
Any physical disabilities or limitations that may affect your travel arrangements or ability to participate in a tour
(C) Contact Data
This includes data relating to how you may be contacted, such as your billing address, delivery address, email address, and telephone numbers.
(D) Financial Data
This includes data relating to your means and methods of payment, such as your bank account and payment card details.
(E) Transaction Data
This includes data relating to the transactions you have carried out with us, such as details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
(F) Technical Data
This includes more technical data that we may obtain when you make use of our website, such as your internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type, and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
(G) Usage Data
This includes information about how you use our website, products, and services.
(H) Marketing and Communications Data
This includes your preferences in relation to whether you want to receive marketing from us and our third parties and also your communication preferences.
(I) Job Application
If you apply for a position with us, we may ask you to:
Your resume employment history, educational transcripts, writing samples, references, and any other information required to consider you for the job.
How We Collect Your Information:
Privacy choices you have made on the third-party site or platform will not apply to our use of the information we have collected directly through our applications.
We collect information through technology, such as cookies, Flash cookies, and Web beacons, including when you visit our sites or use our applications on third-party sites or platforms.
We acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information you provided or we collected automatically. Local law may require that you authorize the third party to share your information with us before we can acquire it.
Information provided by others
Others may provide us with your personal information when they:
- Plan a private or custom tour or package and include yourself as a planned or prospective traveler.
- Make a reservation on your behalf, or make a reservation and ask to share a room with you.
- Make a reservation and include your name as someone to contact in the event of an emergency while travelling.
- Tell us that you referred them to us or that they referred you to us so that you can earn referral credits through our Refer-a-Friend Rewards Program.
- Get a gift certificate for yourself.
- Apply for a job and include you as a reference or former employer.
Data that could be collected automatically
When you visit our website, read our emails, watch our videos, click on our online advertisements, visit our social media profiles, or otherwise interact with us, we and our partners automatically collect certain information. We collect the following types of information:
- browsing data, such as pages viewed, time spent on our site and on each page, links clicked, and referring websites from which you arrived at our site
- device configuration data, such as the type of device or browser you use, your operating system, Internet service provider, and your device's regional and language settings
- device identifiers, such as your IP address, approximate geographic location, based on your IP address and/or internet service provider search terms you enter into our site-search feature
This information may be collected and stored on our server or in our database by our website, or it may be collected and stored by our partners. This can be accomplished using a variety of common technologies:
Logs from the web server. When you access a webpage, image, or other file on the Internet, your browser or device sends the requested URL, along with your IP address and browser or device version, to the server from which the file is requested. Our server, like most web servers, automatically logs these requests in a web server log.
Cookies help us to:
- Understand browsing habits on our website.
- Understand the number of visitors to this website and the pages visited.
- Remember you when you return to our website so we can provide you with access to previously saved quotes
Please note that with most browsers, a customer can set the preferences to show a warning each time a cookie request is received. You can also set the browser not to accept cookies at all. However, to make your experience at www.Voyageshub.com as convenient as possible, we suggest that you allow your browser to accept cookies. For further information on cookies, we recommend you visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Because some third-party tracking pixels used on our site are also used on other websites, they may continue to track you after you leave our site and visit other sites. We have no control over, and are not liable for, tracking that occurs on other websites.
- Technologies for determining location.
It is often possible to determine your approximate geographical location based on your IP address and Internet service provider. We do not collect this data ourselves, but our partners (such as Google Analytics and Mailchimp) may do so.
See Online Advertising, Remarketing, and Third-Party Tracking for more information on how we use tracking technologies. See What privacy options are available to you? for more information on your rights and choices regarding these tracking technologies, including how to block or clear cookies or block tracking.
About our email list?
We maintain a mailing list with Constant Contact, one of the world's most popular and trusted email service providers and send out promotional emails on a regular basis. You can read Constant Contact’s Privacy Statement.
You can sign up for our email newsletter at any time. Your email address is the only thing that is required.
If you begin a booking on our website, we will automatically subscribe you (the person making the booking) to our newsletter if you have not already done so. We do not subscribe any secondary travellers automatically.
If you are a past customer but have not subscribed to our newsletter, we may send you occasional emails about special opportunities for which you may be eligible as a past customer via Constant Contact.
If you want to unsubscribe from these emails at any time, click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of them, or contact us. When you unsubscribe (or are automatically removed from our lists due to undeliverability), we keep your information on a separate list indefinitely to ensure that your unsubscribe request is honoured and/or that you are not inadvertently re-subscribed.
Should you wish for your information to be completely deleted from our mailing lists, including our unsubscribed list, please contact us and we will promptly honor your request.
If you open our emails or click any links in them, Constant Contact may try to automatically determine your preferred email client, preferred language, and approximate location. Mailchimp may use your information for the uses described in their Privacy Statement.
About making payments
We accept check, credit card, and bank transfer payments. When you enter your credit card information on our website (or provide it to one of our agents) to make a booking or payment, we send it directly to a secure processing gateway, which responds with the transaction status (success or failure) and a reference number. We DO NOT save your full credit card number, expiration date, or security code to protect your payment information; we only keep the last four digits of your card number to cross-reference transactions.
We collect only customer information that is needed and we tell customers how we use it.
We limit the collection, use, retention, and disclosure of personal information about individuals who are customers or potential customers to what we need to know:
To provide customer services, to offer new products and services to understand the current and future needs of our customers, and to otherwise analyze and manage our business to assess and manage our risk to detect and protect us against error, fraud, and other criminal activity to exchange information with customers who are jointly liable to us to comply with any legal and regulatory requirements or for any other purpose for which a customer consents. In this Code "personal information" means any information that relates to an individual and allows that individual to be identified.
We tell our customers about the purposes for which we collect, disclose, use and process personal information we collect about them, and if requested by the customer, we will provide further explanation. Similarly, date of birth is required in certain circumstances to comply with "know your customer" requirements, and for security reasons.
Use of Your Information By Voyages Hub, Our Agents, Our Group Leaders, and our Travel Partners
A member of the Voyages Hub Team will be the data controller for your information. The relevant data controller(s) can be determined here.
Other members of the Voyages Hub-Team may have access to your information when they perform services on behalf of the data controller(s) (as a data processor) and, unless prohibited under applicable law, for use on their own behalf (as a data controller) for the following purposes:
- processing your bookings and providing you with the products or services you request
- communicating with you, especially regarding your bookings, and responding to your comments, questions, and requests
- developing and improving our travel products
- operating and maintaining our website
- measuring website traffic and usage trends
- understanding how people use our website
- understanding the interests and demographics of our users as a whole
- improving our website, booking process, site content, accessibility, and customer experience
- conducting market research and measuring the performance of various marketing campaigns and channels
- maintaining our relationship with our customers and improving their experience and satisfaction
- addressing breaches of policies or terms, threats, or harm
- To secure payment and provide you with the products and services you request.
- To communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information about features on our sites and applications or changes to our policies.
- To market or sell Voyages Hub products to you or to offer you other travel-related products that they feel may be of interest to you.
- complying with laws and responding to mandated legal notices
- considering you for a job
- Send you offers and promotions for our products and services or third-party products and services.
- Personalize content and experiences on our sites and applications.
- Provide you with advertising based on your activity on our sites and applications and on third-party sites and applications.
- Optimize or improve our products, services, and operations.
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal.
We may keep this information indefinitely if you have completed a booking or payment, requested a proposal, or communicated with us via phone or email about a booking or other questions or requests. If you started a booking on our website but did not finish it, we delete this information after 90 days..
Sharing your information
We will not share your personal information (other than with travel professionals we work with) except in limited circumstances, including:
When you allow us to share your personal information with another company, such as:
- Securing payment for products and services purchased through Voyages Hub.
- Directing us to share your personal information with third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites. Please note that once we share your personal information with another company, the information received by the other company becomes subject to the other company's privacy practices.
When companies perform services on our behalf, like package or information delivery and customer service; however, these companies are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law.
We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers and to administer our websites and to estimate the total number of internet users who visit our websites from certain countries or regions of the world.
We reserve the right and are sometimes required by court orders or other laws to divulge information about the customer to law enforcement authorities, government agencies, or the court.
Controls and Choices:
Voyages Hub respects your right to access and control how your personal information is used. We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use, and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
- You may correct, update, and delete your registration account.
- You may change your choices for receiving various types of marketing materials alerts.
- You may choose whether to receive from us offers and promotions for our products and services, or products and services that we think may be of interest to you.
- You may request access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it and we request third parties with whom we have shared the information do the same.
- You may choose to access certain third-party social media websites and services (such as Facebook) through our site. When you do so, you are sharing information with those sites and the information you share will be governed by their privacy policies (including that the site may share information with us). You may also be able to modify your privacy settings with these third-party social media websites. Please refer to the relevant provider policies for more information.
Voyages Hub will offer the individuals the opportunity to express affirmative consent, whether their personal information is (a) to be disclosed to a non-agent third party or (b) to be used for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual.
You may exercise your controls and choices, or request access to your personal information, by emailing us at email@example.com or calling us at 888-969-2596. Please be aware that, if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain products and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If you have questions regarding the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, please contact us at:
Voyages Hub Tours Inc.
21087, 79 A Avenue, Langley, BC V2Y 0H6
Data Security and Integrity
We want you to feel confident about using Voyages Hub and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. We use appropriate organizational, technical, and administrative measures to keep the Personal Data under our control accurate, and up to date, as well as to protect the Personal Data against unauthorized or unlawful processing and the accidental loss, destruction, or damage of the Personal Data.
Our website is a “DigiCert Secure Website”. All sensitive information, such as credit card information, is transmitted using the latest SSL (secure socket layer) technology, which ensures that any communication between your computer and Voyages Hub is unreadable by anyone else. Your details are communicated in a secure encrypted format. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information which you send to us, and you do so at your own risk.
Voyages Hub will use personal information only in ways that are compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently authorized by the individual. Voyages Hub will take steps to ensure that personal information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, and complete.
Questions, Concerns, and Complaints
If a customer has any questions or concerns, the customer can take the following actions:
- Begin by talking to a Sales Agent at Voyages Hub Tours Inc.
- If the issue remains unresolved, write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or write to Voyages Hub Tours Inc.
21087, 79 A, Avenue, Langley, BC V2Y 0H6
Email: email@example.com / Call: 888-969-2596